The Fun Drive is an ideal diving program for certified divers who wish to explore the underwater ecosystems of Santa Marta and Tayrona National Park.
You will be accompanied by a professional dive guide who will monitor all times, logistics, and procedures.
Come and enjoy this underwater experience and learn why Santa Marta is the dive capitol of Colombia!
4 and a half hours
Meeting point: La Marina Internacional
Departing Times: 7:00 a.m. a 12:00 p.m./ 1:00 p.m. a 6:00 p.m.
The meeting point for this experience is the International Marina. Please report to the Marina’s entry and show them your reservation confirmation. They will direct you to Pier A, where you will board the Cassie Samael.
Once aboard, the dive guide will explain route and review all pertinent safety procedures. On your dive, you will see different reef varieties and diverse species of marine fauna and flora. With so much to see, don’t forget that the dive guide will be taking your photo, so do not forget to strike your best pose.
After the first dive you will take a break of one hour, along with snacks and a brief history of the area. The boat will relocate to a secondary dive location. After the two dives, you will start the return to the International Marina.
Note: If you have not been on a dive for more than one (1) year, we recommend you to carry out the RE-ACTIVATE plan; which consists of receiving, immediately before the first dive, a rapid course by the instructor on the most important skills and the basic rules, COP 40,000 additional.
- Complete diving equipment
- Certified instructor
- Round trip transportation by boat from the Santa Marta International Marina to the two dive sites
- Water and snack
- Two dives
- Entrance to the Marina ($10,000 - $15,000 COP)
- Hotel transport.
- Travel insurance
- Unspecified expenses
What should you keep in mind before and during the tour?
- It is mandatory to wear masks or face masks.
- Remember to use alcohol at all times.
- It is essential to keep a physical distance.
- Know how to swim
- Minimum Diving Certification: Open Waters
- Traveler's documents: passport, identity card or citizenship card, military booklet and medical insurance card
- Divers must have their own COVID masks, to be worn during the entire time out of the water, both on land and in the boat
- Before confirming the booking, you must send a copy of your diving license
- This experience requires a minimum of two divers to operate
Note: After diving you absolutely must wait a minimum of 18 hours before flying. It is strongly recommended to avoid drinking alcohol within 12 hours before diving.
- Hydration (thermos with water or other non-alcoholic drink)
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes and an extra set of clothes
- The minimum age for children to do this activity is 10 years old
- Accompanying persons to the activity has a value of $70,000 COP, which corresponding to transportation service on the boat, it does not include entrance to La Marina Internacional.
- It is considered No Show when after contracting a service, the participants do not attend to acquire it, and a cancellation is not submitted 72 hours in advance so that 100% of the value of the service is charged.