Experience the ancient wonders of Colombia’s “Lost City” on this guided multi-day hiking tour. Hidden deep in the jungle of the Sierra Nevada mountains, the Lost City is often compared to Machu Picchu, but this archeological site is much less trafficked. With its awe-inspiring landscapes, lush vegetation, and incredible ruins, it’s no wonder this is considered one of the most important hikes that can be done in South America.
Note: todos los viajeros «incluyendo los de nacionalidad colombiana» que viajen a Ciudad Perdida, deberán presentar el carnet de vacunación contra el Covid-19 con las dos dosis requeridas.
4 days - 3 nights
Meeting point: Accomadation
Starting Time: 7:00 a.m.
Return: 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Get picked up from your accommodation and go on a 3-hour drive in a 4 × 4 vehicle to the town of Mamey. Once in this splendid village, we will have a delicious lunch. Afterwards, we willl begin a 4-hour hike to either camp Adán or camp Alfredo. Here we will have dinner and spend the night in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets.
The day begins with a wonderful traditional breakfast and early departure from the Adán or Alfredo camp. From there, it will be a 2-hour hike to Mutanzi, an indigenous town where we will have a chance to learn about the local people and their culture. Afterwards, the group will take a 40-minute hike to the Mumake camp, where we will enjoy a delicious hot lunch and rest from hiking.
Once recharged with energy, we will walk for four hours until we reach the Mamo Romualdo camp (Paraíso Teyuna) and where we will spend the night and rest from the day's journey sleeping in hammocks or beds and finally having dinner at the camp.
Start the day with a tasty breakfast and spend some time admiring the spectacular beauty of this natural reserve. Afterwards, we will start the hike from Paraíso Teyuna camp, gaining altitude for approximately 1 hour, to the Lost City. Once in the heart of the Sierra Nevada, we will begin a 2-hour hike to reach the archaeological, ethnological and historical zone. Here we will have time to explore, enjoy and experience the healing energy of this incredible site.
Afterwards, we will return to the Paraíso Teyuna camp for a delicious lunch. From there, we will start the return 4-hour hike to Mumake camp where we will have dinner and spend the night in hammocks or beds with mosquito nets.
Your final day of adventure will start with an early traditional breakfast followed by a 7-hour hike from the Mumake camp to the Mamey where we will break for lunch. Afterwards, a 4×4 vehicle will be waiting to take guests back to Santa Marta and their accommodations, about a 3-hour ride.
- Ground Transportation
- Local guide and English translator
- Travel insurance
- Hydration and fruits
- Entrance to the Archaeological park
- Contribution to indigenous and peasant communities and ICANH
- Breakfast the first day
- Alcoholic drinks
- Mules to carry luggage
- Services not specified in the plan
What should you keep in mind before and during the tour?
- The use of face masks is mandatory.
- Guests are encouraged to practice social distancing
- Maintain physical distance
- Remember to stay hydrated throughout the hike.
- Keep it clean, and deposit any waste in the indicated places, even better, take it back
- It is necessary to be in good physical condition, since the hikes are approximately 7 to 8 hours a day.
- Bring all your electronic devices charged and, if possible, carry a portable battery and/or charger.
- Take with you only what you need for 4 days, remember that it is a long trek.
- Wear comfortable clothes and take into account the weather, which is hot in the day and humid at night; it is important to wear long pants and long sleeved sweaters during sleep due to mosquitoes or other insects.
- Please note that this is an eco-friendly destination with some accommodations, restrooms, and seating area adaptations to ensure an enjoyable experience.
- During the trip, follow the guide's instructions at all times.
- In each camp there are stores where you can buy Gatorade, water, drinks and snacks.
- You are responsible for your personal belongings. Please take care of them.
- Prohibited: drugs, alcohol in excess, prostitution and bad behavior that threatens others’ safety.
- To maintain a harmonious surrounding and support the care of the natural environment it is vital to respect wildlife and local customs, therefore we invite you to leave the places you visit as you found them or better
- Trekking boots
- Trekking sandals for the crossing of rivers and streams
- Two pairs of shorts
- Sandals for your stay in the camps
- Insect repellent
- Long Pants.
- Three t-shirts
- Personal hygiene items (soap, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Plastic bag to keep dry clothes separate from wet clothes
- If you take medication, do not forget to bring it
- Identification document.
- No discounts are applied for children on the Lost City tour
- It is considered No Show when after contracting a service, the participants do not attend to acquire it, and a cancellation is not submitted 72 hours in advance so that 100% of the value of the service is charged.